Senior Manager, Supply Chain
ICON is seeking an experienced and highly motivated leader to develop and scale our next-generation Robotics Supply Chain. This person will work closely with the Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing teams to enable and inform product direction as well as manage sourcing and delivery of mechanical, electrical, and controls componentry for our next-generation Vulcan Print System at the lowest possible cost to ICON.
- Develop category sourcing strategy ensuring suppliers are capable of meeting ICON’s current and future technical and business needs
- Benchmark the industry to monitor commodity trends and ensure best practices are incorporated into ICON’s supply chain
- Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage Request-For-Quote process, and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Engineering and Manufacturing teams
- Proactively provide design for supply chain, manufacturability, and cost input to inform product decisions
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement to ensure supplier input is incorporated into product decisions
- Negotiate key agreements with supplier leadership to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms
- Develop and analyze detailed cost and supply models
- Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical, long-lead, single-source, and other supply risks
- Work with cross-functional teams and suppliers to resolve shortages and quality issues affecting production schedules
- Own supplier qualification and readiness including long-lead kickoffs, production plans, and forecasts to meet project schedules
- Manage a team consisting of Supply Chain Managers and Purchasing Specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or other technical discipline
- 5 years or more of supply chain management experience in aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics, or other manufacturing-intensive and fast-paced industry
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical teams to optimize designs and processes for manufacturability and cost
- Strong problem-solving, project management, communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Strong organization skills - must be able to effectively manage large scopes of work on multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Robust quantitative and analytical skills including firm command of Microsoft Excel
- Accustomed to working on high-pressure projects with tight schedules
- Must be a self-starter that can work autonomously and regularly report out status and escalate as necessary
- Ability to travel (up to 20% time)
- Master's degree in Business, Engineering, or other technical disciplines
- 8 years or more of supply chain management experience in aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics, or other manufacturing-intensive and fast-paced industry
- 3 or more years of people management experience
- Familiarity with Confluence, Jira, PDM/PLM, and MRP/ERP systems
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?