ICON is looking for a Director of Safety to join our team. As the Director of Safety at ICON, you will be responsible for growing the safety culture at ICON and improving our safety procedures anywhere ICON is working. The ideal candidate is comfortable with novel and large technology being deployed at scale. This role is based at ICON’s Austin, TX campus, and will report to our Chief Operations Officer. This role will require travel outside of the Austin area to various ICON’s build sites.
- Manage and maintain HSE policies, plans, and procedures.
- Design safe workspaces and create best practices for employees to follow that minimize job-related hazards.
- Be a resource to company managers and provide guidance, assistance, and direction regarding EHS requirements.
- Implement, and maintain ICON’s EH&S policies, plans, and procedures and ensure compliance with Local, State, and Federal health and safety regulations.
- Lead internal safety committee to reduce workplace hazards and incidents
- Lead training and coaching conversations with workers on safe work practices.
- Participate in reviews for high-hazard work prior to execution including critical lifts, confined space entries, high voltage work, pressure testing, fall protection plans, etc.
- Regularly track and report on company safety metrics and prepare all regular OSHA filings.
- Review JHAs and Pre-Task Plans when necessary to ensure tasks, hazards, and mitigations are in alignment with the work being performed in the field.
- Lead and document accident/incident investigations to determine root causes, prevention, and corrective measures.
- Perform frequent combined safety and environmental inspections and procedural audits in the field and have the skills, knowledge, and ability to take immediate corrective action if required.
- 12+ yrs of field safety experience in the aerospace, oil & gas, manufacturing, construction industry or related field.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, UBC, ISO, ANSI, RIA, NFPA, GB, codes.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and interface with team members.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related discipline.
- A designation as Certified Safety Professional (CSP); Associate Safety Professional (ASP); or Construction Health Safety Technician (CHST)
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?