Field Service Technician
As a Field Service Technician, you will be the first line of defense for commissioning printers and troubleshooting. How well you communicate and troubleshoot will be a direct reflection of Icon. A diverse understanding of electrical, mechanical, networks and controls topology will thrive in this role. You will be responsible for connecting 3D printers in the field and providing first line of defense to failures. A powerful desire to personally resolve issues and recognizing when to escalate are a vital attribute to thrive in this role. Must be capable of working day or night shifts, weekends, and support an on-call schedule when needed. This role reports top the Head of Engineering Support and is based at our Austin, TX campus.
- Connect and disconnect electrical, pneumatic, and network cabling to facilitate printer mobility.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and software systems virtually or in person using schematics or other documentation.
- Manage the delivery and inventory of replacement part inventories.
- Update and maintain accurate work steps via our ticketing system.
- Provide an exceptional working relationship with Print Operators to maintain schedules and determine root cause of problems.
- Associates or relevant technical degree with 1+ year of hands-on experience OR 2+ years of hands-on experience in manufacturing, fabrication, or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Desire to work in a team setting.
- Self-motivation to investigate and implement new ideas, and proactive in overcoming obstacles.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt in dynamic work environments.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Willingness to work in various outdoor environments: temps over 100 degrees or below freezing, sun, rain, mud, lack of electricity, etc.
- Ability to travel outside of Austin, TX for multiple weeks at a time.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work on your feet for the majority of the day.
- Ability to work in Austin, TX and surrounding areas (up to 50 miles).
- Proficient or fluent in English.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in manufacturing maintenance or field service environment.
- Solid time-management skills.
- Familiar with multi axis machines such as CNC’s or 3D printers.
- Experience with a Preventative Maintenance program.
- Familiarity with PLC’s, VFD’s, digital and analog signals.
- Competent with Microsoft applications and willingness to learn new software’s.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?