Product Test Technician
ICON is looking for a Product Test Technician to support the design, development, and implementation of Product Test infrastructure and operations. You will be responsible for building systems, test articles, and integrating assemblies to test equipment. Product Test Technicians will be mentored by senior leaders in the test organization and prior experience is desired, but not required. This role is based at ICON’s Austin, TX location and will report to Sr. Manager - Product Test. Additionally, travel to ICON’s job sites to support troubleshooting and repair may be required.
- Support the development and implementation of ICON’s test infrastructure including test stand mechanical and fluid systems, test articles, and processes to improve testing methods and procedures.
- Operate and troubleshoot ICON’s test infrastructure, including pumps, compressed air systems, valves and fluid systems, electro-mechanical systems.
- Fabricate test articles and equipment including fluid panels and systems, motors and gears, actuators, and welded assemblies.
- Work closely with engineering teams to develop upgrade and system level improvement plans along with test stand and system documentation.
- Fabricate harnesses, electrical cabinets and PLCs, circuit breakers, and other systems.
- Work with engineering teams to produce data reports and provide recommendations for system upgrades.
- Operate ICON’s Vulcan and Magma 3D printing system for testing purposes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with any of the following systems: pumps, ac motors, gears, air compressors, pressure vessels, and lifting equipment.
- Experience with fabrication with and operation of mechanical hardware including torque wrenches, drills, welding, fasteners, and gear chains.
- Prior experience as a mechanic, electrician, mechanical or electrical technician, or similar field role.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in mechatronics, mechanical engineering technology, or relevant field.
- Experience with Beckhoff Twincat PLC systems.
- Experience welding - AC Aluminum, DC Steel.
- Prior experience in aerospace, military/defense, aircrafts, construction, or other systems is a plus.
- A&P license or technician certification is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be prepared to work, in part, in extreme environments: temps > 100 degrees or below freezing, sun, rain, mud, lack of electricity, etc.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. It is our policy to administer all personnel actions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Consistent with the obligations of these laws, ICON will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?