Senior Manager, Payroll & Benefits Administration
ICON is looking for a detail-oriented professional to join our team as a Senior Manager, Payroll & Benefits. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing, administering employee benefits including leaves of absence, maintaining compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and providing a seamless experience for ICON employees. This role is based in our Austin, TX office and reports to the Director, Total Rewards.
- Administer end-to-end payroll processing in Workday, including but not limited to reviewing and verifying timesheets, deductions, and miscellaneous payments.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll, adhering to relevant laws and internal policies.
- Collaborate closely with Accounting to reconcile payroll accounts.
- Manage the relationship with ICON’s external payroll treasury vendor.
- Oversee the administration of employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other voluntary benefits.
- Act as the main point of contact for employees regarding benefits-related inquiries, enrollment, and changes.
- Audit and reconcile carrier/recordkeeper platforms with HRIS records to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of payroll and benefits regulations, laws, and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations, reporting requirements, and employment laws including research and registration for new payroll tax jurisdictions.
- Prepare, audit and submit necessary government reports and filings accurately and on time.
- Develop and maintain internal policies and procedures related to payroll and benefits in accordance with industry standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service to employees regarding payroll and benefits inquiries or issues.
- Address and resolve payroll discrepancies, disputes, and questions promptly and accurately.
- Communicate complex payroll and benefits information to employees in a clear and understandable manner.
- Participate in employee education sessions related to payroll, benefits, and retirement plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, HR, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in multi-state payroll and benefit administration.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with retirement plan administration.
- Proficiency with Workday’s payroll and benefits modules.
- Prior experience working with large non-exempt employee populations.
- Strong understanding of employee benefits programs, retirement plans, and related compliance.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, with a focus on accuracy and data integrity.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information professionally and maintain a high level of integrity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience managing leaves of absence.
- CEBS certification.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?