Senior Electrical Engineer II, Off-Planet Systems
ICON is looking to add a Senior Electrical Engineer to our Off-Planet Systems team in order to support our ambitions of becoming the world’s foremost off-planet infrastructure provider. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, testing, and integrating custom space and GSE electronic and electrical systems including wiring harnesses, avionics, sensors & instrumentation, and power systems. This role is based at ICON's Austin, TX campus and will report to the Senior Director of Off-Planet Systems in the Off-Planet Systems department.
- Lead electrical design in the development of a robotic platform for off-planet construction applications.
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting, process, and assembly support for laboratory equipment, development and space-flight hardware.
- Create design solutions utilizing engineering methods with good documentation processes including Solidworks Electrical and Alitum.
- Must be willing to perform a wide range of tasks on a daily basis (e.g. Transition from office work to fieldwork at a moment’s notice) as well as contribute expertise to the overall product development process.
- Establish individual and team goals consistent with overall company OKRs.
- Mentor incoming engineers in their career development.
- 12+ years of working experience designing and building industrial automation equipment or related experience in an applicable field.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Proven record of leading an engineering development team to deliver on-time milestones.
- Ability to use first principles creatively to solve difficult problems.
- Experience taking projects from prototype to product.
- Experience in working with manufacturers, and distributors, and building external partnerships.
- Familiarity with making schematics in accordance with ANSI and ISO standards.
- Adept at communicating in a collaborative team environment and seeking optimum solutions with other team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Previous start-up experience, and/or a resourceful innovative nature with an ability to streamline or develop efficient processes.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, and the ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems.
- A service-oriented attitude when in a support role.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Solving one of the most challenging problems humanity faces requires a level of diversity across disciplines. ICON believes that by being a non-homogenous organization, we can capture unique perspectives, educational backgrounds, and ideation. We strive to be inclusive and seek team members who share our passion for the mission within the mission: building robust and diverse teams to help us prevail in the face of our challenges.
We‘re a team of varied backgrounds, countries, and experiences, and we believe our differences make us stronger as we tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
Every startup wants to change the world, but we genuinely believe we’re not being hyperbolic when we say this technology has the potential to reinvent human shelter, dramatically improving quality and resiliency while driving down costs to make housing affordable for everyone. We believe in harnessing the power of construction technology for the good of all humanity, both here on Earth and off-world. And while we get excited about R&D accomplishments in the lab, we get more excited when we see our work out in the real world, printing real homes for real people.
We work hard because we know what we are doing can reshape the way we live as a species. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s super fun. Where else do you get to play with giant robots and see the results of your work manifest in beautiful full-scale buildings that didn’t exist before—and that someone can now call home?